Wedding bells

Forgive my unforeseen absence. Little did I know, that the day I wrote my last catch up novel would be a day that I will never forget and a day that is the most blogworthy of all.

Sickly, blogged out, and frustrated with the strange cool day- March 24, was the day that my best friend asked me to be his wife. It was meticulously planned from my lit path, firework show, my dream ring, to my surprise engagement party.


Check out the sappy story (i literally sobbed through the whole thing) here. I could not be engaged to a more thoughtful, considerate, loving man of God.

We have been engaged for 26 days and it has been the most glorious and challenging time. I've waited for this season for so long, I try and savor every second. I never waste a second to stare at my beautiful ring, daydream about our perfect country vintage wedding day to come, and love on my future husband. I also practice spelling Paulison aloud. Loooove it. The Lord has been abundantly provisional, guiding us through this. It's so exciting to see how were learning to trust Him together, not just individually.



Hunk.

And through the Lord's provision alone, legitimately I pinch myself because I can't believe it's true, were getting married in 144 days. In September. I never in my wildest imagination could've imagined a more perfect time to be engaged or to get married. I've had an ongoing love affair with the month of September for as long as I can remember. The dreariness of a March birthday always had me wishing I had been born on my half birthday, and I could have an outdoor party and wear summer clothes and not be my truest level of ginger pasty. So my dreams will come true- and since I couldn't decide the day of my birth- I'll take picking my anniversary. And September allows just the perfect length of engagement- enough time to plan and enjoy this season- but not too long because I've been waiting to marry this guy for my whole life- duh.

My sweet fiancé is still wrapped up in school and, PtL, raising support for his summer project to Italy! So I've joyfully taken on the planning with my diligent parent/bridesmaid team:)


My MOH!

My mind was swept away in dreams of my perfect day with Alex long before March. We're so excited to celebrate our day in our own eclectic fashion. Ive been glued to Pinterest. It is my electronic bestfriend. Its an online bulletin/idea board where I compile all things wedding.


It puts my imagination into PDF form all in one location:)

Although I'm adoring the details of our day and our future to come, this period is surprisingly more stressful than anticipated. Weddings are an industry- and expensive- and I can't coupon for them. But it's just another way God is using to refine me to rely on Him for all things- including how much I spend on a wedding cake.

In this- I continue to see His grace in new and exciting ways. I love that a journey with the Lord is always unexpected and always rewarding despite difficulties. I couldn't be more excited- didn't sleep for 2 weeks- for a life in Christ with the absolute best man.

So I'll be more informative on here, I hope, of these glorious days!

Date: check 9.10.11 (oddly popular :) )
Place: check ( we loooove it)
Dress: check (precious)
Food: check (mouth watering)
Theme/colors: check (like ten years ago)
Cake situation: in the works
Flower situation: in the works
Bridesmaid dresses: in the works
Engagement pics: check (see fb!)
Photographer: getting close
Dj: check
Guest list: check-best ever!

Loving this, him, and Him.

-mary :)

2 comments :

  1. congrats, sweet friend! SO happy for you! what a sweet story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can't wait to see the place in about an hour and a half!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Photostream

Meet The Author