Him again:)

I'm sorry y'all have to hear so much about Alex. If he wasn't so stinking great you wouldn't, but he is!

Just ask the 13 girls who liked him when we started dating. I won suckas!

Ignore the ridiculousness of the last statement, but not the meaning. Since Alex and I had to postpone our real Vday date, he schemed all week and made it extra incredible. You would think after 3 years of dating me and lovingly pursuing me, he'd be out of ideas. Wrong. He so considerately plans day long dates full of surprises, because he knows I love it!

Saturday. He anxiously awaited my text after waking up Saturday afternoon. Within 5 minutes he was at my door:)

We drove down to Savastanos pizza in Bixby. If you love a 4 inch deep Chicago pizza- this is your favorite restaurant. Having had Chicago pizza in the actual windy city- I prefer this! The thickness of the cheese is overwhelmingly delicious. During my aforementioned visit to Chicago, I snuck a bite of Alex's acclaimed hot dog. If you've never had a Chicago style hot dog, hop in your car and head North immediately. The delectable combo of a hot pepper, celery salt, pickles, tomatoes, and mustard on a mystery meat dog is to die for. And if you've yet to die for one, Savastanos offers the dish close to home. And that's what my boyfriend treated me to on Saturday a on a picnic in our park!









Hunk with the hot dog.

Post-picnic we took off in the car to play mini golf! I was so excited!!

I love participating in sporting activities. There are a few that I'm literally incompetent in. One being frisbee or disc golf. You would think throwing a saucer isn't that difficult, but I have remarkable abilities to throw the disc amazing distances. Behind me. That's talent. Another awesome capability I possess is incredible consistency at golf. Alex loves to golf, and back in his golf club employment days, he begged me to go to the driving range with him. Visiting home that weekend, I didn't bring anything but jeans- not allowed at the country club. So I shopped for a precious outfit for the event. Decked out in my khaki Bermudas, navy polo, and pearl earrings, I looked like a natural... Out on the range I managed to hit all the balls. And I used all the clubs. And I literally made the golf ball go the exact same distance every time. That's incredible skill! ...I haven't been back.

But mini golf, I can handle. Though I'm no more competent, I can wear jeans and see the hole. I reminded Alex on Saturday that I was really bad. He assured me I wasn't that bad. Lol I assured him I was. First hole. Easiest one. I manage on my first swing to ricochet my precious pink golf ball off of two brick walls and into the pond. Sometimes, I'm just aware of my deficiencies. After some strict instruction from my patient boyfriend, I improved, slightly, and didn't lose too badly.





Hunk with a golf club











Hunk made friends.



I made a hole in one!! No joke!!



After our golfing adventure, Alex drives me out to an open field. Sounds sketchy, but I've got a wholesome nonmurderous boyfriend. Knowing he had something up his sleeve, I was excited!! It was technically in his trunk- a stunt kite!!!



We literally love every outdoor activity, and I love kites. I always have them in my car for a windy day. This came in handy when I nannied and since dating Alex. Were park people, and kiting is a park activity. Alex was ready to move beyond my awesome carebear and my little pony kite for bigger and better things. He started looking at stunt kites, and we discovered power kiting (google it). But since he's worried about me breaking bones (blah, blah) with the latter, he got a stunt kite. And we had a blast flying on that windy spring day! And snacking on starburst jelly beans!















Windy day!!

We stopped by McNellies to wish Josh a happy bday, and played darts and shuffle board! And walked over to El Guapos and had shrimp tacos and enchiladas from heaven!! Exhausted from our adventurous day, we cut our SNL rerun date short and called it a night. And my sweet boyfriend found the only candy heart in the store that didn't have a may contain peanuts warning for my vday candy!



Isn't he wonderful?! Yep.

I won suckas!


-mary :)

1 comments :

  1. I am so happy for you. He totally is a hunk. Oh, and I miss you a lot.

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Photostream

Meet The Author