
he's a hunk.
the end.
only kidding!
my sweet Valentine and I met 6 years ago yesterday at Cain's Ballroom rocking out to some sweet Reliant K. We have celebrated some pretty sweet Valentine's days-one year involving a full day scavenger hunt.

2009

2010
But this year, I worked the night before, and Alex, committed to the loving couples who want to enjoy Italian food and slurp spaghetti like lady and the tramp, worked the night of. I'm a big holiday/birthday kinda gal. But flexability is a vital trait I continue to see a need for in our relationship.So we celebrated in our own way. I filled my kitchen with grease Monday afternoon and cooked up delicious, cholersterolic Pioneer Woman treats that left me in a food coma for the remainder of the day.

Fried cubed steak, smashed potatoes, and biscuits. And for dessert-thinking of my sweet love's adoration for coffee-molten java cake! After the cake I was fairly paralyzed. But it was a delicious meal. When Alex arrived, he brought sweet red gerber daisies and white tulips. He knows I love the nonconventional flowers, and adore tulips. He bought me lillies for our anniversery (which I loved), but he was hoping the buds were tulips. They were just more lillies :) This time he was sure he had gotten them :)

They were lovely! We postponed the official date until Saturday since Alex got swamped with school work this week. But that didn't ruin the rest of the day! When Alex got off work, he picked me up. We went to the library, and while he was studying, we shared the cookie cake he bought me, Boylan's creme soda-our staple drink, and I knitted and read.



That's true romance :)
Though sometimes I feel like we're an unlikely pair, I could not be more positive of God's plan for us to be together. I love Alex's patience, stability, wisdom, intuition, wit, consideration, his heart for God, and unending devotion to our relationship. I couldn't be blessed with a more wonderful Valentine every day of the year :)

Y'all are so stinking cute.
ReplyDelete