salam ouilikum!

Hello from N Africa! So sorry for the lapse in blogs, I'm having a blast and am super busy! I'm enrolled in the serious explorer language class for the dialect here, so I have classes in the morning and pr walks and touring in the afternoons! The climate is so great; there's a cool breeze and a warm sun! The people are so beautiful also! Its been a joy to meet Megan's friend's and enjoy mint tea with them (a fav treat here)! G is showing me so much about the need for JC in this region, and I'm so thankful for this trip and this place! I absolutely love it, and it's hard to believe I only have a week left :( The food is also amazing! We've had some delicious dishes (probably not healthy) but scrumptious!


In this photo I'm by the river in the city. In the background you can see the mineret to the mosque. They cover the city skylines.


This is a picture of the beautiful city I'm in! In the background you can see another mineret, and in the foreground there are N African women. Many cover here, as traditional Islam mandates, but as the culture westernizes and modernizes, younger women cover less.


On our weekend trip, we stayed in a traditional home and enjoyed delicious cooking from the family! Here we're preparing to eat couscous with chicken and vegetables on top. We're all just given a spoon and eat from the giant main dish. You're encouraged to stay in your 'pie slice'. The family yells "Cooli cooli cooli!" meaning "Eat eat eat!" They're very hospitable!


Here I'm pictured with a giant door of one of the palace gates from the city on our weekend getaway! There are several palaces throughout, but the gate is as close as you can get!

Thank you so much for your prs and thoughts! This week we will be meeting with several of Megan's friends here, so please pr for opportunities to share and demonstrate the G through our words and actions! Can't wait to see you all!
GB and love from N Africa!
Mary
Posted by Picasa

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Meet The Author