I feel like I periodically blog in my head throughout the day. Its often accompanied by a song. Like a nice film clip. Not that my life is movie-worthy, but it sure is fun! I have plenty of blogging experience in the past. Xanga. Hysterical phase in life that no one really cared to read about save that cute boy my neighbor liked. Apparently xanga is the place to successfully woo someone. It'll be 2 years in January!
my main squeeze. and the dog love of my life.
I'm sitting on my bed enjoying the delightful smell of baked apple pie via candle, not in my oven. Sad. And I'm listening to a Christmas mix on Pandora. I also just finished joyfully emptying my binders and packing up all the papers and notes from this semester. This may be the first time in Fayetteville this fall I'm so uninhibited! school schmool. I'm done with you. Well, not exactly. I have 4 haunting ATIs over the horizon. But none tomorrow. So, I'll stay up past my bed time and blog.
The whole day has been filled with joys of the season, minus the excruciating Maternal Child test demanding my knowledge of every square millimeter on a child. Post test, I galabanted around town Christmas shopping, returned home to wrap presents (loooove), and get my Christmas craft ready for my kids tomorrow. They'll be making Christmas shirts with sponged painted Christmas shapes on them (pics hopefully to come)!
my preshies.
K and P are bound to be the coolest kids in school. I love being a nanny and planning crafts. Its a luxury I can imagine will be hard to come by as a mother. Mothers have laundry and dishes and cooking. Psh, I can't wait.
I also managed to decorate a little. I'm dying to get home to enjoy the joys of a Christmas tree and lights and wreaths. My house is not adequately demonstrating my adoration of the season. The neighbors next door look like the Griswold's. I'm ashamed. But I did my best in my room.
After the picture I added a star to the tree. It really added something. Then, I finally made it to my first Christmas party! I enjoy those almost as much as wrapping Christmas presents. And after a strategic game of white santa, I got to go last and stole a sweet Scrabble Apple and Morff. If I didn't already love speed scrabble enough, I managed to get my hands on another scrabble variety! Audrey promised to play with me tomorrow. I may count down the minutes. I've already read all the instructions. I love games. Always have. Ever heard of Mystery Mansion? Its kind of a technologically advanced Clue with some HGTV decorating influence. One word. Awesome. I dominate.
This year, I've been especially enjoying the Christmas season. And singing carols in the shower, and wanting to drink every ounce of egg nog or hot cocoa I can get my hands on. Though, I've always been a fan of every Holiday, I usually enjoy the unconventional 4th of July and Halloween. Christmas has been a bittersweet holiday since I became a Christian surprisingly. I've become more aware the Holiday becoming more commercial.
Lots of people have Christmas trees and stockings and presents without ever mentioning Bethlehem. Growing up we always had a manager scene under every Christmas tree in our house. I thought this was a universal custom. Jesus came first. But as I grow closer to the Lord, I realized how far the world away the world is. Though there's so much magic in the season, the original magic isn't from the lights and santa and presents.
The original magic came when a lowly carpenter's wife gave birth to a baby in the food trough of a stable. It was magical that the baby was the awaited King from God. A savior for all nations and peoples. But along time ago, that baby was overlooked, despite His destiny to save us. Somethings never change perhaps. Back then, few knew what would become of the babe. Now, we do. And He's still overlooked.
So everytime I wrap a present this year and sing a carol, I can remember that I'm warm and He wasn't. I'm loved in this world, and He wasn't. I was lost, but He knew the way. He is the way. And that is something to lift my egg nog about.
For unto us a child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6
0 comments :
Post a Comment