After an early and delicious Christmas dinner today with my Grandma's family, I had planned on coming home and promptly studying. But the bestest boyfriend in the whole world was there, and he had a present for me.
You see the past couple of months/years, I've dropped my phone atleast 100 times. Not exaggerating. It has braved the heat and cold, 3 LCD screens, and 2 12 foot drops out of a tree. It also survived when it jumped out of a stroller while crossing College, managed to not get run over by the oncoming traffic, and stayed uncracked while its anxious owner dodged rush hour to retreive it. She's been brave. But as of late, my dearest phone (a slider) has stopped opening and closing. The LCD screen is breaking again, and periodically blacks out. According to those on the other line, its not transmitting my voice very well either.
But its a cell phone, so as usual, you must wait until the 2 year contract can be renewed. The time came and went in October. But I opted to not rush into another contract, with hopes of phone survival until graduation to get an iPod and be able to afford all of its perks. Unfortunately my phone has been making other plans, and making it very difficult to make it to my goal.
Enter best boyfriend in the world.
Last night on the phone he told me he was bringing me a present! Yay for that. Never object to those. But he also mentioned that I may or may not like it. Uh, when do I ever not like a present? So all through lunch I was waiting for my little surprise. Finally, he pulled it out of his blazer pocket. Nicely wrapped in copy paper and masking type. I opened it up with glee. And inside was a phone!
It wasn't the iPhone (phew, still can't afford the plan) and it wasn't even new! It was a delightful abandoned phone from a friend's house, left to rot after it was replaced with iPhones. And Alex decided he knew a great and loving home for it to belong to! Best present ever!
So after ignoring people for an hour at the dinner anxiously trying to figure out how to text on the quirky keyboard, I decided it was lovely and it could gladly replace my dying friend.
While driving home, I tried to explore its features and text. Its a miracle I'm alive really. But now that I'm home and not mobile, I've figured it out! I've spent the last few hours adding all of my contacts, transferring pictures, changing settings, and making ringtones. Not studying for ATIs.
Unfortunately, its finally in a place where I'm comfortable enough to abandon my new pet for a few hours and hit the books.
And if I can't make the national average, its fine. Because I have the best boyfriend in the world. Who will think of the craziest things to solve my problems.
Love.
Also, man of the hour aired up my tires. Gah. So lucky.

what a hunk.
0 comments :
Post a Comment