Merry Christmas!
What a blessed morning! You may be curious as to why I'm up and bloggin on Christmas morning. The rest of my house is still sleeping, and I've been up since 6. Had to fill my time with something. I don't sleep well on eves of great days. And I typically wake up with an arm hurting. Both hurt today. Its gunna be good!
This Christmas break has been so filled with such blessings, I haven't even had time to blog about it. Not only did God provide financially, and give me some extra work over the holiday break, he worked on my heart to love my job! Retail and the mall are not my thing. But I can't put anything past God these days.
I've been able to spend time with my Granny from Kentucky, and we've been working fervently on some fun projects over the break. details after presents are opened :) I've also enjoyed great friend time and lots of game playing. White elephants were good to me this year. Scrabble Apple and Pass the Pigs and Morph. O pass the pigs. Brilliant. Cross your fingers I win the gold plated pigs we registered for.
I was also blessed to get to see my dearest Blair get married to an amazing guy in Christ, Phil. Their wedding was beautiful and so centered around the Lord. And their verse is actually the verse Alex and I love.
In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. 1 John 4:10-12
I love this verse. It so perfectly illustrates that we can't love like God. We don't know how, nor do we have the capacity. But when He abides in us. We can get it. We can understand.
And His love was so purely demonstrated when He sent His son to earth to lay where animals eat. Can you imagine making your greatest loved one sleep on hay in a barn? Obviously, God's love is unfathomable. It doesn't make sense.
But it sure did on the cross. It spoke so sincerely of God's love for each and every one of us.
So I hope while we're all gathered around the tree getting presents, we're giving with the God's love abiding in us. And that everything we do on this earth to one another, is just another jesture of God's love working in us and glorifying His love that all started with today.
And if God wasn't already great enough, He gave us a white Christmas!
It took a blizzard to get it white, but its beautiful! Super hard to drive in. And Dad and I had quite the adventure picking up Sue, Alex's mom, from work. Stuck cars everywhere because its so deep! I've been crossing my fingers all morning that I brought my boots home. But if I did, they're in the trunk of my car. Which is hidden by 3ft drift. Things could get interesting...
Pictures to follow! Can't wait to capture His beauty!
Its going to be a great day with 3 meals-eek, lots of gifts, and lots of love with family-if they can get here... Yep, its going to be great. My hurting arms say so.
Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
0 comments :
Post a Comment