sb&j

a revolution has occured in my life. while working at McNair middle school as a student nurse with my fabulous nurse, Allison, I was introduced to a life changing food.

SunButter. What is SunButter you ask?

SunButter is the closest to Peanut Butter that I will ever be, unless allergy testing one day reveals otherwise. It is Gluten Free/Peanut Free Sunflower Seed Butter.

As reported by Nurse Allison, SunButter has the same texture and a similar flavor as PeanutButter. It smells just like it too!

My first experience was on a spoon and then on a banana. My stomach was confused for a while, I felt like I should have a reaction to this strange sensation. But it was surprisingly delicious!

So this evening, post work out, I splurged on the $6 jar from IGA. And bought Strawberry Jelly.

The following photos document the momentous occasion.

all of the ingredients!

magic

yuuuuuuuum-o


slathering on the goods



oh my gosh. to die for.



i couldn't handle the temptation.


devoured. in 5 seconds.


how did i survive without your for 21 years. my life is changed.
some discoveries from my adventures:
1. reese's must be really good. maybe one day they'll make a sunreese's.
2. your hands get really sticky eating the sandwich. my hands have never gotten sticky before from a sandwich.
3. Kids manage to get this everyday for lunch. Since when does creamy goodness and sugary jelly constitute a balanced lunch? Luckies.
4. Mr. Ed makes so much more sense now! I never knew how sticky PB was. It gets all over the top of your mouth. No wonder Mr. Ed looked so real.


2 comments :

  1. that picture of the sandwich looks so delightful - i think i've made new dinner plans. love you mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, you're cute. after reading this post, you are allergic to peanuts not gluten, correct? I'm the opp. so uhh... let's say i'm stoppin by mcnair on tuesday, would nurse mary make me a sunbutter and jelly sandwich? (well, i'll bring the bread ha)

    miss you!

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Photostream

Meet The Author