my shoe rack

One of the things I love about our house is my closet. Strange that an old house has awesome closets-but mine came with wonderful compartments! Perfect for my shoe collection :) I immediately filled it up! hello fav closet.


And as I was unpacking from my weekend- I laughed at my contrasting shoes. These are all the shoes I’ve worn since Friday…







First, my nursing clogs. Strange, ugly, cheap things. But they clean easily with our disinfecting wipes at work:)



Second, my favorite new boots! I wore those Friday night to the Broken Arrow High School play Our Town with Alex and his family! Nick, Alex’s little brother was practically the star! It was really fun. I also got to wear those this morning to First Baptist Rogers- my sweet sweet church from college! It was so wonderful visiting sweet friends and worshiping in the new place.



Third, are my hunting boots! I wore them Saturday morning into the woods! I’ve gone to the deer woods with my dad since I was little. We always have so much fun camping, eating delicious junk food, and freezing. And even if it’s not a bountiful trip-we always have a blast! I’m his number one partner! I’ve managed to sneak myself a membership at the guys only hunting cabin- so it’s a tradition now.




Dad and I at the cabin last year!


Fourth, my heels! This weekend Alex and I went to Arkansas to celebrate the wedding of my sweet friend Stephanie and Andrew. I met Stephanie sophomore year in Sunday school class, she was immediately warm and welcoming and we became friends right away. The first time we hung out was in February 2008, about a month after we had both started dating our guys. I remember us both being so excited for our futures! She was a beautiful bride!


Stephanie and I at the church women's retreat last Spring!


Fifth, my climbing shoes! Alex’s absolute favorite pastime-climbing-gradually became one of my favorite things to do (after my initial freak out that he was doing a ridiculously unsafe activity that he had learned from YouTube). We fought the wind and soaked up the last warm day of the year we presume and scaled the walls at Lincoln Lake. Climbing is always an interesting communication exercise, but its always fun. Alex is a great encourager:)

our first adventure!
my trusty belayer!

And sixth, my running shoes! This weekend I used them to hike around the lake while we were climbing and to play lacrosse catch-also a blast.

Surprisingly, my feet don’t hurt:) But I’m certainly a woman of many shoes. It was a fabulous weekend. I also stopped at my new fav discount store-Oops-in Springdale to get ‘a few’ ornaments for my room tree. I dragged poor Alex around getting all of the ornaments! But I’m putting it up tomorrow! Pics to follow. I. Love. The. Holidays!



0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Meet The Author