I was gifted wonderfully this year, and I thought I'd highlight some favs, though I truly loved them all. I'm fairly easy to shop for, I like Vera, cooking, decorating, and anything Southern. And everyone did really well!!
Santa brought me a sewing machine!!

It looks like it was made to be there!!
I'm already daydreaming about the pillows and curtains to be made, and the napkins I'm dying to monogram ( it has a basic monograming function). I've already cleaned out hobby lobby with projects to start. I may make an etsy account and sell away! I'm out of rooms to decorate here, but I've been recruited to work on the baby Sanders room! I've been processing fabrics and wall color for 48 hours straight. And following this post, I'm getting started!
Another gift I adore is my sweet George Bush memoir!!

My sweet boyfriend obviously read a few posts back and the thoughtfulness brought me to tears. Literally. He replies to my tears with this. "Babe, are you really crying over a book by a president who took us to two wars." I reply, "lol, yep." He's wonderful. George and Alex.
My dearest bestie got me a fuzzy electric blanket, something I've been pining for since I started on nights! I hate coming home to frozen sheets in the wee hours. Now, I light this puppy up and I become a permanent resident of my already heavenly bed ( 2 layers of down, friends). It softens the blow of my nocturnal job.
I also landed a few precious Vera items, a sweet ice cream maker, a classic cook book, and the worlds best cupcake making scoop!
I forgot I was even getting presents on Christmas because I was more excited for other people to open theirs!! Alex had to restrain me from telling him what all his presents were while he was mid unwrap. I looove Christmas! And if I see you this week I'll still be wishing you a merry Christmas, because it is!
To replenish my bank account and save at the grocery, Katherine and I just invested in e-mealz! A Dave Ramsay favorite, the site offers various meals plans for different amount of guests (perfect for us since we don't need to feed to city) on a low budget with a grocery list and price estimate! The recipes are always new and it's only $5 a month ( with an extra discount if you use the promo word Dave). The meals this week sounds pretty delicious, I'll keep you updated on it's success. We picked the low fat 2 person meal option from Walmart.
And to save more, we made our own on the go trail mix (almond m&ms in included).

Hopefully we'll get on a healthy, cheaper food kick!
Also, I forgot to include my fab wreath in the last post! It sums up the season.
Merry Christmas!!

-mary :)
0 comments :
Post a Comment