having a Mary heart=being a better Martha

In leiu of the last post, I'm continuing to learn how having a Mary heart, enables me to be a much more effective Martha when I am seeking to serve others. This really plays out with my relationship with Alex. Not giving time to God=having a bad time with Alex. We've been dating 3 years, and this only gets more and more apparent. Only when God is the center of both of our lives individually is our relationship joyful.

So to celebrate our joyfullness, and take him on the date he thought he was going on the night of his surprise party-I took him on a day date!

In keeping our goal of avoiding franchises, and finding only delicious hole in the wall joints, we ventured to North Tulsa, to Stutts Barbeque. Holy moly, eat your heart out, its wonderful. Alex looooooooooooooooooves barbeque. I'm mildly allergic to it, but I was willing to sacrifice after I read the reviews. You get 2 delicious barbequed meats (we sampled the brisket and hot links), 2 sides (best slaw ever), a drink (they bring you out the whole pitcher of sweet tea), 2 slices of texas toast (perfect for plate mopping), and half of a buttermilk pie(i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e). All of this for $8.25 served with a smile in the tiniest little shop. The outside doesn't look like much, and the neighborhood can appear frightening, but we felt nothing but welcome in our dining experience. Totally worth the drive to Apache and Lewis.



Drooling over the menu:)



Bless this meal...



Don't be scurred of the appearance:)

And after his favorite barbeque, we went go karting! Its hard to find something we haven't done on a date since Alex is always varying our exciting outings! But at 5 am last night at work, go karts popped into my head- so fun! We went to the opposite side of the city, literally, to 87th and Lewis at Andy B's. Commonly known for its bowling alley, the happenin' joint now has a large arcarde and an indoor go kart track. For a four minute whirl (seems like longer) you pay 5 dollars, and can put your pedal to the metal and give yourself a good dose of whip lash on some sweet curves. I would've beat Alex despite his best efforts, until, towards the end of the race I heard him yell to slow down. I thought he was being sweet. And he wanted to drive beside me. And wave and smile. Wrong. He used this evil ploy to whip in front of me just at the end and win! On the way home he asked why I slowed down? I told him because I thought he was being sweet. He informed me competition over love any day. Lol, I'm such a girl.


Ready to ride!!



Im a pro:)



My failed attempts to catch a pic of alex behind me :)

It was a great date-but I'm glad I don't have to plan them all the time. I have a great guy who's always keeping me on my toes! And a great God who's keepin us joyful :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Meet The Author