Here's what I did! I picked up a basic love decoration at Hobby Lobby on sale. I was originally going to paint the back of the believe sign on my Christmas wreath, but it was cheaper to just pick up the sign. Loove Hobby Lobby. Normally I'll grab some sort of garland for my wreaths, but Valentine's Day garland is too glittery and papery for my front door/shabby chic style. So I made my own. On the V-Day aisle I grabbed some plain wooden hearts. I bought 3 little bottles of acryllic paint and a stencil. And I used my massive raffia collection.

I started with my first coat on my wooden hearts.


While they were drying, I took down my wreath and disassembled.

I attached my love sign with some rafia. And wrapped the wreath with rafia.
After some drying paint, I stenciled various designs on my hearts-and after some more drying I tied them with rafia bows to the wreath!

I reused my precious plaid bow from the Christmas wreath-and hung my wreath back up!


I love making wreaths, I'm already brainstorming Easter's!
Passerbys are now allowed to look at my front door, but ignore my eaves :)
0 comments :
Post a Comment